- How do archaeologists use artifacts to examine the past?
- How do historians use questioning to understand the past?
- What type of sources do historians use to study the past?
- Archaeologists follow a systematic process to examine the past.
- Historians develop questions to understand the past.
- Historians use primary and secondary sources to study the past.
history, artifacts, archaeology, primary source, secondary source, evidence, oral history
- Review elements of historical thinking
- Understanding time and place
- Review of basic map skills and general geography
- CE and BCE
- Primary and Secondary Sources
- Items today, artifacts tomorrow
- Study of the early hominids
- Technology, physical characteristics
- Primary source: Analysis of stone tools and weapons
- Primary source: Analysis of prehistoric cave art (Lascaux)