1. Why do we study history?
2. How do archaeologists use artifacts to examine the past?
3. How do historians use questioning to understand the past?
4. What sources do historians use to study the past?
1.Historians develop questions to understand the past.
2. Historians use primary and secondary sources to study cultures of the past.
history, artifacts, archaeology, primary source, secondary source, evidence, oral history, culture, claim
- Review elements of historical thinking
- Understanding time and place
- Review of basic map skills and general geography
- CE and BCE
- Primary and Secondary Sources
- Items today, artifacts tomorrow
- Study of the early hominids
- Technology, physical characteristics
- Primary source: Analysis of stone tools and weapons